Dr. Lee and Dr. Willis at Kidz Choice Dental in Fort Smith have years of expertise in orthodontics and making kids smile. We make going to the dentist a fun and enjoyable experience for all of our kiddos. We pride ourselves in our work with superior technology. We make sure that each patient is comfortable and receives individualized care as our patients get the smiles they’ve always wanted!
During your consultation, our staff will review your dental and medical history, perform an oral examination with X-rays, determine and customize your treatment, and discuss insurance and payment plan options.A beautiful, healthy smile is only a phone call away! Call us at 479-452-8650 to schedule a complimentary consultation at Kidz Choice Dental in Fort Smith. Healthy Habits and Happy Kids start at Kidz Choice.
About Children’s Orthodontics
While there is no exact age for children to begin orthodontic treatment, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends a visit to the orthodontist around age seven.
By this age, most children have a mix of baby teeth and adult teeth, making it easier for the orthodontist to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems sooner and without surgery.
Early treatment allows your orthodontist to:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child’s jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct thumb-sucking and help improve minor speech problems
For parents, it’s not always easy to know if your child may need orthodontic treatment.
Here are a few things to look for that may mean your child needs to see an orthodontist:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- A hard time chewing or biting food
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing
- Teeth that come together abnormally, or do not come together at all
- Jaws and teeth that are not proportionate to the rest of the face
- Crowded front teeth around age seven or eight
We look forward to seeing you!